Wednesday 2 January 2013

Wildflower


Hi all,

I hope you had a lovely day yesterday and that 2013 brings you good health and lots of happiness! Thank you for supporting us through 2012, we have much appreciated it!
Have you made yourself any papercrafting New Year’s resolutions? Well, it will probably come as no suprise but mine is to try to do more!! Why not join me on our facebook page and let me know what your resolutions are, I'd love to hear from you!

I have a small card to show you today…clean and simple and so incredibly easy and quick to make, I even surprised myself! I think the longest part was cleaning the stamps afterwards! I made three cards altogether, all slightly different colours and shades...so one New Year’s resolution kept to already!!



The flower image is one of the Memory Box Whisper Print designs called ‘Wildflower’...such delicate designs…they remind me so much of a series of floral stamps made by Hero Arts many years ago…but just right for quick ’thank you’ or ‘birthday’ cards! This stamp is currently in The Stamp Basket sale so there’s a bargain to be had too!

Hope you have a great day…even if it is the first day back at work…on the bright side, at least it’s a very shortened week!

Hugs,
Janet xx

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty Janet. Did you use marker pens on the image? I've never done this technique, but it looks lovely.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's right, Annette, I used Marvey Le Plume pens for this particular image but you could use other brands too. The pens make it so easy to blend the colours to give the soft impressionist feel... whilst at the same time preventing getting your inks all messed up! It really is so easy to achieve the effect and if you also spray your stamp with a mister (which I haven't done here), you can get a true impressionist watercolour effect! Ideal technique for the busy crafter! Hugs, Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, yet another technique I might have to try!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete