Saturday 29 September 2012

Christmas Birdie (and a bit of red!)

It's Saturday, so it's Annette here to share another card to share today on behalf of The Stamp Basket.  This one is bright red, a colour I don't usually use, but I was inspired by the cute papers and gorgeous bright ribbon that I'd picked out.  Plus the girlie in the image looked like she needed a red coat and hat.

I really love the holly paper in this card.  It is quite soft, and because it is quite a busy pattern, it does not show up the imperfections in my cutting around the shaped card.  Here's a tip guys, never,  I repeat NEVER, try to cut around a shaped card with a plain backing paper. Oh my word, it shows up EVERY little imperfection in your shape, however careful you might think you're cutting around it.  A busy pattern seems to hide them all.  Love it !!

I've used some gorgeous shimmery red ribbon as an accent on this card, and some super cute snowflake dies.  I really love the Memory Box Frostyville Wreath.  It looks fab against the deep red papers.


All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:
Happy crafting everyone. Have a fab weekend.
Hugs
xx

1 comment: