Monday 11 November 2013

Skiing

I may possibly have mentioned (just once or twice) that I've found a fabulous Christmas paper pad where I love all of the papers, and there are none that will get left unloved at the end.  My project today features one of the papers from this pad in two different ways. It has a lovely silver mirror effect in a pretty snowflake pattern that drew so much attention when I used the paper, that for once I didn't want to hide it up or create more 'fuss' with lots of embellishments.

For my card, I layered a square panel of the paper onto a silver mirror panel and raised it up on foam pads onto another sheet from the pad on the base card.  I used a sweet Fizzy Moon stamp with another silver panel behind it to match the papers, and added a trio of silver rhinestones.

They don't come much more C&S than this :


I decided that the papers were so pretty that I'd try something else.

I'd bought a couple of large MDF baubles. They're quite large, about 16cm / 6.5 inches, tied on some rustic string.


I untied the string, and stuck some of the same paper that I'd used on the card onto the bauble, and cut around the shape.  as the MDF shape was over 6 inches, and my papers are only 6 inches, I used an off-cut from the patterned part at the top (where the string is attached).  I then re-punched the hole, threaded the string back through and re-tied it again.

I finished it off with some of the same gemstones that I used on the card.

Ok, I lied above when I said they didn't come much more C&S than my card, cos this is even less fussy!  :0)

Hope you like my duo of Christmassy projects today.





Recipe featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous bauble...and I love your card design - it really shows off those pretty papers so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects - love that DP.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete