Saturday 24 November 2012

Bella with Sledge and Clouds Background Tutorial

Hi everyone, it's Annette here today to share a card using a sweet Wild Rose image from The Stamp Basket.   I've not used these Bella stamps before they're just adorable.

The image is quite large so I've not adorned this card with my usual die cuts and embellishments, just few flowers and a gorgeous aqua satin ribbon bow.

Aqua is my favourite Christmas colour this year.  I absolutely adore these Nitwits Joyful Hearts papers but it feels a real shame to cover them up !

The clouds in the background are done with my chalks using a cloud template that I've created myself (see below) and a similar technique to the fab background tutorial posted by my fellow Stamp Basket designer Penni last week (see Penni's tutorial here) where she shows you how to mask your image first too (which is the bit that I shortcut, cos I'm lazy!)


I've included my template below in case you want to download it.  Please do leave me a comment too to let me know how you get on using it too.

Click on the template to see it in its original size, save it down to your computer and then print it out on card or acetate.  Cut out the cloud shape and then use it as a mask.


I use shimmer chalks to colour my clouds (yup, you can see the one I use the most for my clouds!) but you can use inks too.



Before I start applying my chalks, I outline my image with B000, a really pale blue which makes the image pop off the page a bit:


I then lay my cloud template over my image, starting at the top, and just cover the top of the image with my template:


I apply my first row of clouds across the full width of the image panel. I use the little pompoms and work in a circular motion to apply the shimmer chalk:



I apply about 3 to 4 rows working down each side of the image right down to the 'ground'.  To create a random effect with my clouds, I offset the template as I apply each row.





All items are from The Stamp Basket as follows:
Pop over to The Stamp Basket to see the lovely array of products on offer.


Happy crafting
Annette
xx

3 comments:

  1. Wish we had a blue sky and fluffy white clouds here today instead of the grey blanket...must go find Bella with her magic wand!! Fab tutorial! Hugs, Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, same here, Wave that wand over here too please Bella. In the meantime I'll get my dinghy out! Thanks Janet, I love doing these clouds on my images, and these Bella images are so sweet.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great tut...and brilliant card love the elephant fabulous work hug ssassyxxx

    ReplyDelete