Monday 3 February 2014

Mini Heart Notelets

Today's project turned out to be a mini collection of heart shaped notelets.  I wanted to create some little notecards that could secretly slip into a lunch bag or coat pocket of someone special, so that it might be found later as a little surprise on a long day!  :0)

I love the shape of this heart, it's a lovely chubby heart, and creates quite a bit of space inside, perhaps enough for a mini poem!  I cut one heart "on the fold" so that it was a tent-fold heart card, and then folded the top in half again to create an easel.  I then cut another single heart in the same pink card and stuck it to the top to finish the easel shape.

I made a couple and decorated each one differently for a little variety.  A few of you will remember that I recently purchased the Nottingham Border die, and have been overusing loving it.  Well, the flowers on the first notelet are actually the bits that it cuts out (I didn't discard them) and so I'm getting even more value for money out of the die as it doubles up as a gorgeous flower die too, which I've layered up with a pearl in the middle.  :0)

They were so quick to make, and can then be stood up on the recipient's desk as a little reminder of your note!




Next, I used another heart, again cut on the fold at the top, and created a little tag that could be tied on a little valentines gift.  The image was actually part of a much larger image, but I cut off the big heart that the bear was carrying, and replaced it with a smaller die-cut heart instead.  I punched a hole in the corner, and threaded some pretty vintage pink ribbon to create the tag tie.

I've inked around all of my hearts, on all the projects with darker pink ink pad to define the edge.



Card Recipe, featuring items from The Stamp Basket:
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



1 comment: